Thursday, October 14, 2010

And I Cried



Setting small goals and achieving them is like winning small battles to ultimately win the war.


I achieved a goal this week that sent me into a fit of tears.


All I wanted was to lose the weight I gained during my recovery from my accident. Having a badly broken knee was quite a struggle to stay fit. I couldn’t walk, run, jump, dance, swim…well, you get the picture.


I could eat.

And I did.

I am a depression eater. Whenever I am down I shove crap in my yap and it ends up becoming fat.

Not that I was gross looking but I felt it.

When I feel fat, I become even more depressed and then a horrible cycle occurs.

You get the picture.

The hardest part was accepting the fact that I needed to do something. I needed to stop the cycle and get up off the couch and start somewhere.

And I did.

I decided to start walking. I only walked a little in the beginning. I didn’t push myself but then I decided to do it more seriously. I increased my pace and started to feel good afterwards. Then I increased my distance along with the pace and I started to feel great afterwards. I then started to add weight training and stretching before and afterwards and I started to feel even greater afterwards.

I also changed my eating habits. Now when I’m depressed or sad I reach for a banana or a yogurt instead of chips or M & Ms.

Then I saw results.


Two months after starting on this new way of living I lost not only the weight I gained from recovery but also ten extra pounds.

And I cried.

Now a new goal has been set.

I am starting water aerobics next week to tone and firm. I will continue to walk and train with weights. I will continue to watch what I eat.

I will meet my next goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment