Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pain is Just Weakness Leaving the Body


No pain no gain…..blah blah blah.

It gets hard to work your body when pain is involved. I struggle with recovery from an injury over a year and a half ago. I find myself wishing I was back to normal.

I could use my broken knee as an excuse to cut back or to stay sitting on the couch, but I don’t. I continue to work through the pain. My end goal is more important.

My mom expressed concern over the fact that I may injure my knee again. With four screws holding Humpty together, it is understandable. I think she worries about it being weak or if I take one wrong step I could twist it. I try not to think of that and am just aware of where I step and how I step and so on. I have a brace. After working it, I ice it and take ibuprofen.

Sometimes it takes me a bit to work up the courage to go out and walk the 3-5 miles. I know that afterwards it hurts. I hate that part. I hate it so much that I often think to myself that I don’t want to go out and do it. But I then make myself do it.

I have to.

Because I want the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment