Sunday, November 21, 2010

Evil Evil Donuts

"Would you like some cake donuts? They're four for a dollar."


It was all I could do to not grab the clerk and choke her and scream, "Do you not know I am not eating that crap!"
Instead I politely declined and paid for my gas.

When I left I decided to get my gas at the station across the street from now on. It didn't have pizza by the slice, egg rolls and donuts for sale.

Convienence foods are difficult to pass up, especially when you are craving something.
What do you do when you want something so bad and it is all you can do to not buy it to satisfy that craving?

I usually talk myself out of it. I tell myself that I didn't lose 25 pounds by caving into the craving. Sometimes that doesn't always work so then I buy an apple or a banana and eat that.


When that doesn't work, I have to give into it.

If I don't the craving becomes really ugly and then I binge.

When that happens I feel so horrible and guilty to do that to myself.

It sucks.

The trick is to not let it go that far. I recognize the signs and give that craving enough to shut it up before it becomes an uncontrollable monster.

I can only do the best I can and accept the fact that I am going to have bad days. I shouldn't be too hard on myself, after all I am doing this all for my own health. It isn't for anyone else but me. I have to love myelf for who I am and take care of me to the best of my ability.

But I am still passing on the cake donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment