Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Jabba the Hut Joins the Gym

God, there are just some things about the holidays that I just absolutely despise. Cookies, candy, fudge, eggnog, cake, pie, steak, potatoes, yadda, yadda, yadda...you get the picture. Everything goes in my mouth and on my butt.

Ok, so it was just five pounds back on but still....

All I worked hard for seems to fall right by the wayside. I can't go out and walk because of the ice and snow. When I look in the mirror, Jabba the Hut looks right back at me.

Then I argue with the voices in my head.

"No one twisted your arm and shoved that stuff in your yap."

"Well, if you had more will power."

"But it was just one piece of fudge......times six."

Then I have a panic attack. How can I expect to be presentable to anyone when Jabba is in my body?

Then mom takes pictures which makes things worse because she sends them to me and tells me how good I look. Jesus Ma, can't you see the three chins I have?

Maybe I am just hard on myself and my self image is low.

Maybe....

Jabba thinks he just likes to eat and when he eats, he forgets about his butt.

This is why I took Jabba to the gym yesterday and fed him a salad for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment