Monday, January 24, 2011

Never be the Skinny Chick



I will never be the skinny chick. I don't want to be. Seriously, look at that chick? Is she sexy? Can you honestly say that you'd enjoy hugging that?

Didn't think so.

My daughter, who is only 8 years old, often asks me if I am trying to get skinny. She knows I go to the gym. I have a rubber ball to work on my core. I started eating better and I am in a Biggest Loser contest at work. She thinks that all of these things contribute to my quest to be skinny.

I usually have to correct her.

I will never be skinny. I never want to be.

I love having curves.

Women should be curvy.

At least that is my opinion.

I never want my daughter to think that she has to be skinny to be accepted. I never want her to think she has to starve herself or puke up her dinner to be accepted. She doesn't need to take weight loss pills. I also don't want her to work out to the point of exhaustion to be accepted.

I do want her to be healthy.

She should learn to make healthy choices in whatever she does. Whether it be eating or exercising, there is a healthy balance. This should start with me.
When she asks me if I am trying to get skinny, I correct her and I say that I am just trying to get healthy.

I am trying to set the example.

and I ain't no skinny chick.


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! The sad thing is there are people on the other side of the coin who are obsessing about NOT having curves. My motto make the most of what God gave you!

    ReplyDelete